Sunday, February 28, 2010

Shrimp and Asparagus salad

Here's another one from the WW in 20 minutes book ... I should point out, hubby is not a fan of asparagus. I am not either, but then again, I'm not a fan of many veggies, but I keep trying. I actually have some asparagus in the freezer that I may try this with soon.

1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch lengths
2 tbs lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 lb peeled/deveined shrimp (cooked)
1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 ed onion, thin sliced
2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
2 hard cooked eggs, sliced

Fill large skillet with 1 inch of water and bring to boil. Add asparagus and cook, covered, til crisp tender 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool running water.
Whisk together lemon juice, oil, salt & pepper in small bowl, set aside.
Transfer asparagus to bowl. Add shrimp, onions, parsley, tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing & toss to coat evenly. Top with eggs.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment