Monday, February 15, 2010

Mushroom Soup with Noodles

So I got this book from the library last week, "Weight Watchers in 20 Minutes".

Mind you, we are NOT doing weight watchers in this house.

But I am all for eating healthier AND in less than 20 minutes. So I checked it out.

This is origianlly called double mushroom broth & soba noodles. Soba noodles is considered a speciality and I'm completely against buying something for ONE recipe. And TOFU? Uhh. No. I dont' think  so. So I made changes ...

8 ounces angel hair pasta
4 cups chix broth
4 quarter size slices peeled fresh ginger, sliced thinly
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 lb cooked chicken (or heck, just use a can of the stuff already made)
2 cans of mushrooms (fresh if you have, but I don't!)
1/4 cup chopped chives.

Cook pasta according to directions, drain & set aside. Meanwhile, combine broth, ginger, soy, seasme oil in medium size pan, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered 5 minutes. stir in chicken and mushrooms. Cover, cook for about 5 minutes.  Remove pan from heat and stir in chives.

Put 3/4 of the noodles in 4 bowls and divide the soup evenly among the 4. Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment