Monday, February 15, 2010

Just another Herb Viniagrette

Yup. That's pretty much it. But you know what ... any vinagrette is better than no vinagrette.  And honestly, I keep forgetting how much I love the simple flavors when they are made fresh, at home, right before dinner...so much for the bottled salad dressing that I can get dirt cheap. This is dirt cheap too and so much fresher tasting.

In a jar with tight fitting lid (doesnt' need to be large, my tostidos salsa jar was way too big) add:

juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbs red wine vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard (anything but the bright yellow kind)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped/minced
a few twist of fresh ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbs italian seasoning (dried herbs) or use thyme, basil, etc.

Put on the lid tightly and shake to mix well. Dress the salad and mix well. Our simple salad with dinner last night?  2 romaine hearts, chopped, half of a iceburg head, chopped, 2 plum tomatoes, chopped 1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced and topped with fresh parmesean cheese.  This was actually better than the pasta we had with it, in my opinion. I love fresh salads!

No comments:

Post a Comment